Monday, July 16, 2007

Doing it Again

Every so often I become absolutely obsessed with work. It's all I talk about, I think about it before falling asleep and again immediately upon waking. It usually happens when I have a problem, but not a solution and I just feel stuck. Well, that's happening now and my poor husband is being as patient as can be with me, but I know I'm boring him to death with my worry, over analyzing and insecurity.

My goal is an organic life. That can mean a lot of things. One concept I really like is looking at really fast marathon runners. They make running look effortless. They have a stride that puts energy into the right places. Their faces are soft, their fists aren't clenched and their strides long and easy. I want to be that in life. It's not that I want to not work, but I want my work and home life to be a good fit.

Now I just have to figure out how.

1 comment:

NicciN said...

One thing I have found recently is that the answers come if I stop obsessing. If I go off and do something else, something different, often times when I come back the answer is there, or the writing I needed to do has outlined itself, or I get in the groove and I can do something in an hour that I thought would take much longer. It feels like by letting go, I find faith that it will come and it does.

I think I actually have learned a lot since January when I started reading Take Time For Your Life and working on it with a group of women. It really has helped me to make sure that I get my golf balls in first before the pebbles and sand. It isn't perfect, but it is much better than it has been in the past.