Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mid Year Resolution

Even though I'm still trying to keep up with my new year's resolutions, I seem to have added one earlier this month.

It all started with the vacation. I made a point of not bringing work along on the vacation - no laptop and I kept my cell off unless I wanted to call out. I also made a conscious decision not to talk about work too much. This stems from the fact that work tends to made me sad and talking about it only brings me and others down. I did talk some about my job search as that was more uplifting and positive.

So, I kind of liked this new approach and have worked to stick with it since coming back from vacation. I am working especially hard to not let this talk come into family dinner time or time alone with my husband.

I'm okay talking about the job search, as long as I stay positive, but I work very hard not to rehash and complain about my day.

And you know what? I like this new way much better, and since I like it, I think I'm going to stick with it!

1 comment:

NicciN said...

I am so proud of you for this. Work boundaries are hard, but they make things so much better. Being able to feel present with the hubbie and kids and yourself is a real blessing.

Not, I am saying this out of a place of being over busy and distracted lately, but at least I can see my way home this time.

Way to go!