Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Quit . . . for real this time!

It's been over a year since I declared "I Quit" on this blog and I have patiently worked through the longest job search of my career.

8 resume revisions, >10 interviews, and about 25 thank notes later, I landed a fantastic job in the private sector.

Last night, I quit. Words can hardly begin to describe how good I felt and how happy I was last night. College graduation doesn't even compare to this feeling.

I have a great new boss who is respectful, kind, highly intelligent, and works collaboratively with his people. I have a new culture focused on quality and friendliness.

Check it out: RMC Water and Environment.

The boss was shcokingly cool and had some pretty amazing things to say:

"That's a great company - really up and coming"
"You are going to do great there"
"You have better for my career than I have been for yours"
"You are a great manager"
"People here really like you"
"I would hire you again in a minute"
"Are you willing to work for us as a consultant?"

I was really taken aback. My therapist said that he felt he could finally say these things as I no longer was a threat. Wow.

This is going to be so good for me - I deserve this.

Did I mention that it will take me to the Bay area about once a quarter!!!!!

2 comments:

NicciN said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for you!!!! This is so great, and I am excited at the possibility for once a quarter girls night outs!!!!!

Sierra said...

Congrats! I knew you would find the right place for you and I'm glad that things were so pleasant with the ex-boss when it all came down. Enjoy the success and freedom!