Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Letter Follow Up

After dropping the bombshell of a letter on my husband, he was very angry and became wrapped up in his work and pending deadline. He stayed up past midnight almost every night and pulled an all-nighter the night before we had a breakfast date to discuss the letter.

We have not faced this head on and I feel like he is hoping that time will make the issue subside, since he did just finish a deadline and thinks that he can refocus his energy now that it is complete. Of course, he used all his energy on the deadline and he is now ill.

I am still frustrated and angry, still feel used and disrespected. But I am trying to be empathetic and respectful. With persistence, we will face this and recraft our marriage.

1 comment:

NicciN said...

I have been thinking of you and wondering what was happening with this. I am sorry to hear that you have no had resolution yet. Unfortunately, I think this is a common dynamic. and I have to get past feeling mean and pushy to keep going for what I want. I run into "you should love and accept me as I am", which I agree with, but I also agree with the fact that I get to have expectations and to make sure my needs get met in the relationship as well.

Hang in there. Don't give up.