Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happiness

I've been thinking a lot about happiness over the past year and working to understand how to have more of it in my life.

I have listened to tapes from the dali lama, I have spent countless hours on The Chief Happiness Officer's blog, I have started and continued yoga, I have worked to stay healthy and most of all I have spent more time living in the moment.

So, when I came across this quote, it gave me pause . . .

The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase; if you pursue happiness you'll never find it. - C. P. Snow (1905 - 1980)

Just as I type this, happiness happened to me. My darling daughter gave me a butterfly made from pipe cleaners - too sweet!

So the point of today's blog is that happiness is right here, right now, and right below our noses. We don't need to pursue it, we need to acknowledge it!

2 comments:

NicciN said...

That is exactly what I have realized. It is always there. You just have to make it a priority to take the time to notice it.

Sierra said...

I LOVE that! Happiness IS right there under our noses, and if it isn't in this very moment, it makes us appreciate it more when it is. :)