Saturday, January 17, 2009

Obsessing

I have spent the last two days interviewing for a new position.

I have had one phone interview, one panel interview, and one full day assessment. They have all been great, but interviewing can be stressful, even though it is positive.

I am one of 2 final candidates and have been invited back to interview on Wednesday.

This process and this opportunity is absorbing my consciousness and I am spending a significant amount of thought on how to best prepare for Wednesday. How I compare to my competition, what weaknesses I need to address, what strengths I need to emphasize, etc.

I think I'm obsessing and need to distance myself a little.

Maybe this beautiful, long weekend is just the thing . . . as long as I can turn my attention to other things.

1 comment:

NicciN said...

Glad to hear that the interviews are going well. I feel that if you just be you, it will all happen as is should. Much love.

I've been obsessing too -- about the work retreat we are planning for next weekend. Am trying to let it go this weekend too, although now I am obsessing a bit about Carly's surgery. At least it is a 3 day weekend.