Lessons from The Tao Te Ching or Daodejing
(Number 3 is my favorite)
1) Live with Commitment. Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth “You Owe Me”. Just look what happens with a love like that....It lights up the whole sky.
2) There is no way to Happiness...Happiness is the way. Bring Happiness to all you do.
3) You accomplish much by trying less.
4) See yourself in everyone you encounter. They want peace, not always struggling, not being sick. They want love.
5) Trust in other’s to know what’s best for them.
6) Live without attachments and be generous with what you have.
7) Be strong by bending.
8) When you have a choice to be “Right” or to be “Kind” – Always pick to be “Kind”.
9) Practice radical humility. Live low like the ocean for all the streams will come to it.
10) Rather than looking for Miracles, see everything as Miraculous.....
11) Practice death while you are alive. Live as though heaven is on earth. Release yourself from your burdens, regrets, guilt, and anger that cages you. Instead live in peace, tranquility, forgiveness and harmony.