Friday, October 12, 2007

Not Enough Time

After visiting with my dad, stepmom, brother, niece and family over the weekend, then working a full week, I get to put together a birthday party by 12:30 tomorrow.

Fortunately the goodie bags were already purchased and the cake just came out of the oven, but I still have grocery shopping to do and a house to clean and decorate.

A little daunting, but fun too.

Hard to believe that it was 7 years ago today that I became a mom. Tonight was just classic, here's a clip.


Daughter speaking after finishing her piece of birthday pie:

"Thank you for my wonderful birthday. The best part was having the whole family together."

She pauses and flashes one of her famous head tilts with full smile.

Then her little brother mutters something, and she yells:

"Shut up, you know I was only saying that to mom and dad, you don't count!!!"


It just kills me to see the sibling rivalry. Of course, now they are enjoying a sleepover together as I hear giggling from the other room. It's safe to say that all has been forgiven.

When I get just a little distance, the magic of my own life and family is all I need.

P.S. - Dad is out of the hospital and his blood test showed no cancer - he's tired and sleeping a lot, but we're hopeful that he beat his cancer.

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Congrats on keeping the kiddo happy and healthy for 7 years. They are a lot of work, but so worth it. Glad to hear things went well.