Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gratitude

Why I am grateful for my new job:

an excuse to kick my daily fast food breakfast habit
oatmeal at work
getting home in less than 10 minutes most days
peers
mentors
a sensitive, intelligent, experienced manager
feeling capable to handle the challenges I'm encountering
exciting work
chances to see Nicci (yeah - this Friday!!!)
being part of a team again
feeling like I can grow
people believing in me and wanting me to grow
new friendships
developing trust
an expense account with which to take out former colleagues
people who are looking out for me
employees who are thoughtful and professional
challenge, even if it is sometimes hard
no more candy dish in my office - no need, candy/soda/oatmeal is provided by the company in the breakroom
my new latte habit and my increased calcium intake - the office has one of these
finding joy in my work and relationships as much as possible
my new mentor/dog walking buddy

1 comment:

NicciN said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you. This sounds great and so much better. Looking forward to seeing you!!